Friday, November 01, 2013

Finally approved

Finally, the budget for Bigastro 2013 has been passed. At the meeting, the Socialists led by Raúl Valerio Medina  abstained and the Liberals led by Aurelio Murcia walked out before the vote took place. 

There were however three conditions that the PP had to agree to, 1) that 40% of the compensation to the dismissed workers would be paid this year 2) the remaining 60% will be paid next year and 3) the 285,000 euros of bills that are in hand will be paid.

When the PP came into power, 21 employees from the infant school Bigastrin, the EPA and municipal cleaning service were fired. Compensation for unfair dismissal was set at 312,500 euros but so far, none of this has been paid.

No comments: