Thursday, June 10, 2010

Help required

I have a fair bit of camera equipment these days so I thought it would be wise to check on my insurance arrangements. It seems that our existing household policy did cover my equipment in the house but not for accidental damage. Outside the house the situation was worse, even theft was only party covered.

I have now updated the cover so the situation is better but still not perfect.

This lead me to try and research specialist insurance just to cover my camera gear. I found several policies in the UK one of which seemed to fit the bill perfectly. However, a UK policy would not be suitable for me living in Spain. One company did say they provided full European cover but only if you had a permanent UK address i.e. one where you were registered on the electoral roll.

So, for the moment I have drawn a blank. I can’t find a Spanish policy which suits my needs although I’m sure there must be one that provides cover for amateurs like me. I would be ever so grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

No comments: