Friday, September 04, 2015

Praise indeed

We met up with John and Carol Thorpe the other day at the VaiVen.

Carol said the she thought my photographs from this year's fiesta were some of the best that I had taken of the event. That was very kind of her and I much appreciate the sentiment.

Together we decided that this was due to a combination of factors:-

  • Better equipment - trading my 24-105mm f4L IS lens for the superb 24-70 f2.8L II has improved the quality of my photos. I also used the 70-200mm f2.8L II which is regarded as one of Canon's finest lenses. Fitted to my 5D MkIII, these have given me an advantage over those with more consumer orientated equipment.  
  • Better technique - with more practice at taking photos of these events my technique  has improved.
  • Better processing - using Adobe Lightroom allows me to process photos much quicker and with greater consistency in terms of colour and exposure.
  • Greater familiarity - knowing the pattern of events at the fiestas means I can be in the right place with the right equipment to capture better photos. I no longer worry about being in front of people and in their way.
Above all though, I have to thank Carol for her advice and support which has helped enormously.

No comments: