Friday, April 09, 2010

I loathe it

Maybe it’s my age, perhaps I am becoming intolerant as I get older because graffiti like this really annoys me.

This is a new building which has not long been finished and already someone has scribbled their mark on it with this indecipherable scrawl.

It isn’t as if this is the only place where there is graffiti, it appears on other buildings as well making parts of the town look run down and decrepit.

The people of Bigastro care for their houses and generally try make them look good outside as well as in but they are fighting a loosing battle against these mindless individuals.

The problem is that once graffiti starts to appear, it just multiplies. There are parts of Torrevieja and Guardamar which just look awful. We don’t want Bigastro to look like that.

Of course graffiti isn’t just a problem here in Spain, it is world wide. However, it does seem to be worse here than in England as does the problem of wanton vandalism. Maybe it is a rite of passage for young Spaniards, I don’t know. Hopefully they will look back in later life with disgust at what they did. Like most of the townsfolk, I’d prefer them not to do it in the first place.

No comments: